The Final Curtain Call?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Think That Michael Jackson Hoaxed His Death? Do You Think That There was A conspiracy To Murder Michael Jackson? Lets Talk!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ThisIsIt Movie

Go down 
+7
taro
EilaM
ksk
dareme
TracyK
mymichael
ollieapril
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ollieapril

ollieapril

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am

just wondering about something...
I listened to the interview with Randy Philips and he said that the Thriller part was originally thought as a 3D shot.
So im just wondering why to release the movie in 2D, and not take a bit longer to make it 3D compatible?
He said they will work on it later to make it 3D. IMO It would be perfectly OK to show it around Christmas and upgraded.
So whats the rush???

what u think?
Back to top Go down
mymichael

mymichael

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Picked up my movie tickets today. yay
We're going to the Tuesday, October 27, 11 PM showing.
Starting to get excited all again.

I won't say keepsquiet anything specific about the "epic movie event" until we get the all clear from TracyK.
Back to top Go down
TracyK
Admin
Admin
TracyK

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:25 pm

Us too mymichael! We can all jump on here and talk about it after the show!!!!!! But! Make sure to warn those who have not yet seen the movie that we will be discussing it so they can choose whether or not to read the thread : )
Back to top Go down
https://finalcurtaincall.forumotion.net
mymichael

mymichael

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:49 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm

The rush is so that they can sell the This Is It DVD at Christmas:)
Back to top Go down
mymichael

mymichael

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:03 am

I am soooooo buying it once it comes out. Maybe two, just in case I wear a hole in the first copy. facegrin
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:27 am

LOL mymichael!!! Yeah that might be a good idea!!!
Back to top Go down
TracyK
Admin
Admin
TracyK

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:16 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1220381/The-1-billion-waltz-Michael-Jackson-This-Is-It-film-set-break-box-office-records.html#ixzz0UmSaA3Pk
Back to top Go down
ollieapril

ollieapril

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:34 pm

lol, yeah im not even signing in on the 27th here, hehehe
going to see it on the 28th :)
Back to top Go down
mymichael

mymichael

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:35 pm

Go MJ, Go MJ, GO! billyjean
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Again this Culver City!!!!!!!!!!! Tracy, I think may be you/other hoax site were on to something here... detective
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:16 pm

"As Randy Phillips, the CEO of the star's concert promoter AEG Live, puts it bluntly in an exclusive interview with Live, 'It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we were sitting on a goldmine. Not only in financial terms but also in terms of what this footage shows.

'Here, on film for all posterity, we have the greatest pop artist of all time showing his every move and thought process as he goes from describing his vision of the show to rehearsing the band and the dancers, to running through on stage what he told me was going to be his finest performance ever.'"

So, does this movie footage belong to Randy Phillips and AEG? Who does it belong to? It sounds like intellectual property to me that should have been copywrighted and kept in secret for good. No? Am I overreacting about this? Just sounds like something that should not be released... If you are an artist, woudn't you NOT want to share the HOWs with everyone and their brother?

The goldmine comment is sickenning! (As anything that Randy says pretty much)...
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:34 pm

"At the moment there are three different openings for the movie - one which begins with footage of Jackson's funeral"...

So, people were not totally off... It was done for the movie production. I wonder what other things are going to realize and come out to be true...

oh, and then this at the end:

"This Is It? Actually, this is just the start."
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 pm

OMG... That just sounds so awesome!!!!!!!

Thriller was to be staged with dozens of gigantic spiders and 20ft puppets. The lights were going to be dimmed and a giant screen come on. Everyone at the gig would have been given 3-D glasses, which they would have been told to put on at the start of the song.
As the famous opening bars rang around the arena monsters would have come up out of the ground - in 3-D. Jackson's manager Frank DiLeo describes the scene: 'It's amazing. The monsters are incredible and when you have the glasses on they come straight at you. It's terrifying!'
After the first shot of the monsters, Jackson and his dancers start to perform. The audience would have seen the monsters on the stage performing alongside the star and his crew.
Although the film does not include any 3-D snippets, cinema-goers will get a tantalising view of the spectacle.
The opening song in the concert was to be 1982's Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'. A glass sphere would light up on stage and then slowly drift over the heads of the crowd. As it grew brighter, it would light up in a series of primary colours before returning to the stage where a shadowy figure would emerge from a hidden platform moving up through the stage: Jackson. The globe would land in Jackson's hand and the singer would launch into the opening line of the song.
For Dirty Diana, Jackson planned to have a flaming bed with pole-dancing aerial gymnasts playing the part of the flickering flames. In an elaborately plotted routine, Jackson would be chased around the bed by a scantily dressed 'fire goddess' who, each time she touched the stage, would send flames shooting towards the rafters.
After she'd caught him mid song, she would tie him to the bedposts with gold ropes as a sheet of red descended to cover his struggling figure. At the end, the sheet would be whisked away - to reveal the goddess as the struggling figure, not Jackson.

huh
Back to top Go down
mymichael

mymichael

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:54 pm

WOW!
Back to top Go down
EilaM

EilaM

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson Secretly Remade Thriller, And You Can See It In 3D!   ThisIsIt Movie EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:50 am

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michael-Jackson-Secretly-Remade-Thriller-And-You-Can-See-It-In-3D-15342.html
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:07 am

Oh I'm so excited!!!! I also heard that a making of This Is It will also be released on dvd:) Oh I hope they put out lots and lots of footage. I mean come on they have 120 hours of footage. I hope they realize that MJ eatin a sandwich would be exciting to his fans!!! Anything that has to do with him!!!
Back to top Go down
EilaM

EilaM

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:21 am

Yeah, I heard that too. It will be released by December I think. They must put everything in it! Even the number of the blinking of his eyes per second! LOL. :))
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:03 pm

I was just reading fan reviews at MJJ Community forum. I thought this post was so awesome. I just don't know what I would do...
beatit billyjean jack moonwalk screeam

Post by DJSpinsTheSounds:
"I've just returned from the cinema, and I am not joking here, I was the only one in the cinema!, was very strange and felt a real connection with Michael. But loved every minute, especially Billie Jean performance and Just Can't Stop Loving U. "

smilie_liebe4
Back to top Go down
taro

taro

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 pm

I went to see the movie. IMO, there was no body doubles, except the O2 conference. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
TracyK
Admin
Admin
TracyK

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:11 am

I think that it is Michael at 02. I never doubted. THey only showed him walking off the bus and in the golf cart so there wasn't too much about 02. MPO it is him. : ) Do you need help resizing your pic?
Back to top Go down
EilaM

EilaM

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:15 am

LOL @ the avatar. I thought it's just my internet connection that's slow but it's the avatar really big. asmile !
Back to top Go down
curiousmjfan

curiousmjfan

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:13 am

Hello :) I've seen TII last night with family. I felt sad that there were actually just a handful of us who watched, less than 20 I think, but it's probably because it was the last full show.
Anyway, I plan to watch it again at a much earlier time so hopefully I can be with a more enthusiastic crowd :)

I agree with all of your observations and some reviews about TII that there were no signs in the movie that showed or even hinted MJ as an addicted person or a 'functioning addict' ??? if there's really one!

He was so playful at the rehearsal that it's probably the way he practices before. Yet, his focus on the music, the tunes and even the dance moves cannot be disputed. He knew what he wanted and demanded that from people. Somehow I get the feeling that the crew were also in so much pressure because they knew how MJ worked and how a perfectionist he can be.
But what amazes me is despite his candidness and authority, he commanded people with courteousness and with L.O.V.E. :) I guess, that made me love MJ more! hug

The movie has portrayed MJ in a positive light and I couldn't agree more, because that is what we saw in the rehearsal footage, at least the one's that AEG and SONY want us to see. If there's more behind that, we might never know whether that's fabricated or true anyway faceplain
For all it's worth, at least they have made a commendable tribute which is most fitting to MJ. asmile
Back to top Go down
curiousmjfan

curiousmjfan

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:28 am

HOWEVER.... hmmm I don't know if it's just me but, I feel there's still something lacking in the TII movie.

Some things that left me wondering are these:

1. I can understand why the Earth Song was done in full graphics, MJ was not there with the little girl so it could have been done after June 25th specifically for the movie. But what about the Thriller footage? It was done in full graphics, with full blown make-up and costumes and MJ was directing it! Do they need to actually do that in the rehearsal???

2. What will become of the memorial and funeral footages that AEG/SONY painstakingly prepared? Will they just go in the vault?

3. What will happen to MJ's case now that we have seen the rehearsal movie?

A lot of things are left hanging, really...
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:00 am

No doubles and none at 02 either.

They could have used the footage of the funeral in the movie but they opted for a celebration of Michaels life and work instead of making it sad. Which I was glad. I dont know what they will do with whatever footage they have. With all the hours of recording that they have of the rehearsals, they could put out lots of other things. I heard that they might put out This Is It in 3D so who knows.

About Thriller..Yes Michael would be directing it and yes they would be in full costume and makeup cuz this was the movie making part for the screen. It was basically like shooting a music video. And most importantly, it had to be to his standards:) That was part of the Dome project and not done at the same time as rehearsals I think.

I dont think the movie will have any affect whatsoever on the case. I dont see how it could other than showing he wasnt wobbling around in a drug induced haze.
Back to top Go down
mymichael

mymichael

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 am

@curiousmjfan, I have wondered about Thriller. I can't remember if there were any shots of him dancing with them in costume or if they did the full dress rehearsal with only the dancers and just added in the other days of rehearsing Thriller. Either way, it was very elaborate for a rehearsal but it is likely what Michael wanted in order to fine tune the performance. It's hard to keep track with the film being editted they way it is...you see a song that is rehearsed on different days instead of seeing only one day or only one song from start to finish.

I plan to see the movie again next week. I should be able to follow along better now that I know how it is editted.
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:15 am

I totally need to see it again. I dont remember everything. My poor old brain doesnt retain as good as it use to LOLOL. On some things anyway.
Back to top Go down
curiousmjfan

curiousmjfan

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 am

Thanks for clarifying the thriller part Dareme, I agree, there could be some truth to the rumors that another movie is in the making, if it's not done already, hmm.

I guess, all that is left for us now is to watch the news and see how MJ's homicide case concludes.
Unless, new revelations come out that proves otherwise detective
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:32 am

I'm not 100% on the Thriller stuff, thats just my opinion. I dont know what to think of the homicide case. I understand taking their time as not to cause a speedy trial, but I seriously see no issue with putting out the offiicial autopsy report and toxicology report. Its done all the time. I dont know why that would hinder the case in any way. But I'm not the law and they know more than me so I dont know what to think. I hate not having ANY news. I mean I havent even heard so much as the investigations going well or anything. To me thats weird. Something so high profile has no updating? At all? Not even a "we're working on it'?
Back to top Go down
simplyara

simplyara

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:12 am

guys, it's funny that you guys mention about thriller...
coz' this is the part when i heard Kenny said something and i dont know if this is had anything to do with a clue or not...
just for me it's odd for him to say that at the moment...

did you guys hear that Kenny said that "this part is actually for a movie" or something like that...when they directed thriller on thriller set....
What is the movie that he talked about? coz i dont recall there's amovie about thriller...
anyone here knows about a movie that involve the thriller 3D.....
Back to top Go down
TracyK
Admin
Admin
TracyK

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 am

OMG dareme I LOVE your GIF! Made me cry : ( Night
Back to top Go down
taro

taro

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:22 am

Then, if there is no body doubles in the movie, why in the world Joe and LaToya said so? any thought!
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:29 am

Not totally believing Joe and Latoya said so. Could just be tabloid hype. Also ummm, its Joe and Latoya faceplain

EDIT: Also they dont support the movie. Especially Latoya. They dont believe Michael would have wanted us to see it.
Back to top Go down
ollieapril

ollieapril

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:32 am

to me to only time i would say it was a double was with the smooth criminal footage, not in the kool black/white part but the one on stage for a minute, thats the only time i thought that it actually could be a double. hmmm
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:33 am

There was a stunt double in the movie. It was all MJ on stage.
Back to top Go down
TracyK
Admin
Admin
TracyK

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:59 am

Hey Taro, I have a thought. There are so many tabloids right now reaching for stories because there is nothing to be said about Michael. They also said that Joe would not be attending the premiere. He sure went though. I think that we can only trust half of what we read, unless we hear it straight from the person themselves. Then we don't eve know if it's true. That's what I think : )
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:03 am

dito
Back to top Go down
EilaM

EilaM

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:11 am

I agree with you Tracy. !
Back to top Go down
vbond

vbond

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:22 am

I also think that the Thriller 'movie' was to be shown up on the screen during concerts. Notice how they wanted close-up of the ghouls faces - you wouldn't normally be able to see the faces unless you were in the front row. I suspect it was to be cut in with the live performance, as they showed with Smooth Criminal. Set the scene with the film and then go into the live performance

So in fact the concert sounds very much like the kind of movies that MJ wanted to make : live action and filmed action inter-mixed.
Back to top Go down
taro

taro

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:35 am

Tracky, thanks for your thought.
by the way, I recall that Jonelstar's MJ death hoax said that the lyric of will you be there, right at .......pain (orignial) to pains in MJ's memorial. I actually expected to listen this song in This is it movie, but I sure did disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Littlesusie

Littlesusie

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:06 pm

I think that the funeral footage will pe a part of another movie, third or fourth in the future...
Remember! Once Michael became a filmmaker - he wouldn't stop till he got enough!
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:44 pm

vbond, didn't Kenny say on Oprah or some place that the Thriller was shot in 3D and everyone in the audience would get the 3D glasses and they would be able to see everything up close, no need to be in the front row. They monsters would be right in your face (somehow).

Also, he did dance the Thriller in the movie (I am talking about This is it footage). The major Thriller dance, it was there, I remember it clearly.
Back to top Go down
vbond

vbond

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:54 am

ksk I haven't seen Kenny on Oprah but yes that would make sense.

Sure he did Thriller, but it wasn't in costume, and it was at the Staples Center if I remember correctly? I believe that part was filmed 23 June ish. The last film we will have for a while.
Back to top Go down
ksk
Mod
Mod
ksk

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:38 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091029/media_nm/us_jackson_13

Michael Jackson movie earns $20 million on 1st day
By Bob Tourtellotte Bob Tourtellotte
Thu Oct 29, 3:23 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – The Michael Jackson movie "This Is It" earned $20.1 million at worldwide box offices on its first day in theaters as fans around the globe turned out in strong numbers, Columbia Pictures said on Thursday.

The movie studio said the film, which shows the late pop star rehearsing for a series of comeback concerts before his death in June, made $7.4 million in the United States and Canada, and another $12.7 million internationally.

"The studio believes that the worldwide launch, with very strong performance across North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia, represents an amazing beginning for the film and a reaffirmation of the global appeal of Michael Jackson," Columbia Pictures spokesman Steve Elzer said in a statement.

Finding comparable films to "This Is It" is difficult because of the movie's unusual nature as a hybrid documentary and concert film, as well as the fact that its star was not alive to promote it.

Moreover, "This Is It" premiered on Tuesday night and then began playing around the world on Wednesday, which is unusual for a movie that is not based on a major franchise like the "Harry Potter" or "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies.

"It's difficult to make comparisons because there is nothing like this," said Paul Dergarabedian, who runs box office tracker Hollywood.com Box Office.

Among concert films, one top performer recently was 2008's "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour." It enjoyed an opening, three-day weekend of $31 million, starting on a Friday, and went on to earn just over $70.6 million globally during its entire run.

Another recent music movie was 2008's "U2 3D," which earned a total of $16.6 million worldwide during its entire release.

Columbia Pictures paid $60 million to distribute the film and millions more to market it. Columbia is a unit of the Sony Corp's Sony Pictures Entertainment media group.

INTERNATIONAL BOX OFFICE

In the United Kingdom, box offices rang up just under $2 million, while French sales totaled about $1.4 million, and Germany just over $1 million. Japanese fans spent roughly $1.2 million, and in China, the movie delivered $730,000.

The question now for Columbia is how well the movie will perform during the upcoming, first weekend. Jackson's fans were expected to turn out in droves early, but whether they will be repeat customers remains to be seen.

Columbia has said the movie will be extended beyond its planned two-week run if ticket demand is high, and it plans a DVD release in 2010.

Jackson died on June 25 in Los Angeles at age 50 after suffering cardiac arrest brought on by a drug overdose only weeks before he was to have begun the "This Is It" concerts in London. The shows had been hyped in the media as his chance to erase the stigma of a 2005 trial in which he was acquitted of child molestation charges. -> WTF?!!!!!!!! STFU!!!!! whipit

The nearly two-hour movie features Jackson singing and dancing to his biggest hits, including "Beat It," "Black or White" and "Man in the Mirror." Throughout the film, audiences see him working to create a show that would wow fans.

(Editing by Will Dunham)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ThisIsIt Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: ThisIsIt Movie   ThisIsIt Movie Empty

Back to top Go down

ThisIsIt Movie
Page 1 of 1