The Final Curtain Call?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Think That Michael Jackson Hoaxed His Death? Do You Think That There was A conspiracy To Murder Michael Jackson? Lets Talk!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nook or Kindle Fire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

Nook or Kindle Fire Empty
PostSubject: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:09 am

Does anyone have one of these and if so tell me about it. Whats it like? Worth having? I might get one for myself but I'm not sure yet if I want to spend the money. I'm afraid I wont like it or use it after I got it.
Back to top Go down
Suki

Suki

PostSubject: Re: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:46 am

That's a good question, D. I don't have either one but I debated about getting one a few months ago. I decided against it because:

1. I bought a laptop and can download books, etc. on that.
2. I got a smartphone. If you have an iPhone or a smartphone, you can do pretty much the same thing as on a Nook or Kindle. It's just a little smaller screen.
3. I like my books. I like holding my books, writing and highlighting in my books, looking at my books on the shelves, tables, and floor. If I want to loan out a book (which is very rare since they almost never come back), I can do that. I don't think I would give someone my Nook to borrow.

So, those are my reasons I didn't get one. However, if I had lots of money to spend, I'd have one just for the coolness factor. It's just a matter of personal preference. For me, it would be a waste of money because, even with my laptop and phone, I've only downloaded one book to read...and that was because it was the only way that was available to read the damn thing.

Hope that helps. But...I say, if you want one, get one!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

PostSubject: Re: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 2:19 am

Well I dont have a laptop or a smart phone. I dont read books much anymore but the thought of having them read to me is very tempting. Something to fall asleep to, listen to on a plane or while I walk. But I just want to know if its worth it. I want to know if its worth getting the wifi for it. I mean how much internet can you do on it?
Back to top Go down
Suki

Suki

PostSubject: Re: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 am

I know from the new Nook commercial on TV (with Jane Lynch) that you can do just about anything on their new Nook...internet, watch Netflix, download music and all kinds of other stuff. I'm guessing it's pretty much like a tablet only smaller. So, if you don't have a laptop or smart phone, I say go for it. One thing though...you said something about it reading to you. I haven't heard anything about that feature. Does it really do that for you???? How cool!
Back to top Go down
dareme
Admin
Admin
dareme

PostSubject: Re: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:15 am

Well there are lots of audio books. Some read by celebrities I have heard. I just thought that was cool.
Back to top Go down
CChamberlin

CChamberlin

PostSubject: Re: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:06 pm

I got my Son a Nook For Christmas. So, not sure yet what it is like. But, I know that it has Email, Movies, games, and he can download his College book onto it.
Back to top Go down
http://chamberlinenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nook or Kindle Fire   Nook or Kindle Fire Empty

Back to top Go down

Nook or Kindle Fire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Final Curtain Call? :: Books-
Jump to: